Thursday, June 28, 2007

Adventures in Babysitting


Wow, has it been that long since I've blogged??!!! Sorry, faithful viewers. Been kinda busy. There's a lot I could blog about, and I confess that I figure EO should be the one to post, being the superior writer and photographer, but here are a few shots she would not have. While she & Herc were celebrating their 10th anniversary in Sedona (beautifully posted here) Poppy and I were babysitting. I originally planned to keep taking photos with timestamps and post each hour so Herc could see that the kids were safe. However, as a "new" parent of 3 small children, I didn't really have time for that...

We had a nice pre-lunch-and-nap pool time each day. Here's our pool train. That was a lot of fun. I can't believe how well the kids are doing in the pool. I'll admit there was concern about the kids' safety but they have been great. Dimples actually swam for the first time without his life jacket, BDE can swim across the length of the pool, and Baby has been much more careful than I expected. They follow our rules without complaining, like no peeing in the pool and no diving head first. Okay, I can't vouch for Baby and rule #1.


BDE & Baby played a little dress-up.

Maestro entertained the kids too ---
Poppy and the boys had fun with sidewalk chalk. They imitated the petroglyphs we saw from the boat. Then we saw how much chalk was on their bums and they needed to get in the pool to wash it off.




Poppy took BDE & Dimples to see Shrek 3 while Maestro & I hung out with Baby. Our friends Nathan and Barbara invited us over for dinner and the kids had a great time in the menagerie -- 2 dogs, 1 chicken, 3 birds, and 1 fish. N & B and their kids really made it a fun night for the kids and us.

Well, there you go! It went really well.



We plan on going on the boat again tomorrow, and then a fun weekend with Cissy home and the Fourth of July program at church.



PS Congratulations Juju & Bwin ---- It's a --wait, can I share this online yet????

7 comments:

Cate said...

Of course you can share the sex of Juju's baby on-line. :p

Looks like a fun time with some adorable grandkids!

Anonymous said...

It was fun.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Anonymous said...

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! They barely even missed us! :)

JCsings4Him said...

AWESOME!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog!!!! Great pictures...how much fun are you REALLY having!!!!???? Oh YEAH...TOO much fun...I can see it!!!!

Can't wait to see you...and SHARE...PLEASE...SOMEONE SHARE!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Anonymous said...

yeah, this is fun stuff! and my baby is a BOY! :) Thanks for being so sweet mommy!