Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary!



Happy Anniversary to us! It's 32 years today (not yet in our time zone, but close enough)! [By the time this is posted, it's the next morning] We're going to Vegas tomorrow to celebrate (also to drop off our friend from K-town and to pick up dh's sis). yay!! And no questions --what happens in Vegas...

So, I should have a nice tribute here to the man of my life. I'll do my best. I'm sure anyone who reads this knows him anyway, so you all know how lucky I am.

He's a retired cop.





We started dating when he got out of the marines in 1973. We even got our pictures taken at one of those cheesy photo kiosks --



We got married in 1975,


...and had 3 kids




Okay, I'm running out of time. I could say, "They lived happily ever after" but we're not done yet!

I'll post again when we get back---I promise!


Love, Neenee






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "It has been the best 32 years of my life" I am truely blessed with the most wonderful wife, children, and grandchildren in the world, and I am ok with that.... I am sooooo in love... big sigh

Anonymous said...

Seems like yesterday....32 years????
congratulations -- hope Vegas is hapnin' ...so I guess you did not bring home the steak guy??

Love,
Webster

Cate said...

Congratulations! Love all the pictures! Callum looks just like Terri!

MOST with an attitude said...

Awww..how sweet poppy!! Congratulations to you both. :)

Anonymous said...

YEA for you! :) i'm so proud and fortunate to have a mom and dad who still celebrate with a bang... GET your minds out of the gutter. :) dad, gotta help you out on this one... when adding a suffix, -ly, to a root word that ends with an e, DROP the e and add the suffix... truely=truly. sorry, just got done teach e ing. LOL can't wait to hear how the trip was ... well, kinda. ;) and happy bday mom tomorrow! :)

Anonymous said...

So...OMW!!! How incredible is 32 years!! Boggles the mind. I remember when you and I sang at a women's breakfast and I was SO EXCITED that I was FINALLY in the double digits!! 10 years!!! Hard to believe we've know each other 22 of your 32!! Hope you have an INCREDIBLE celebration. I miss you, and our celebrations together...we'll be thinking of you!!! AND have an AWESOME birthday!!! You know, I STILL have your birthday gift at my house from LAST YEAR!!! Looks like I need to put a package together! :~)

Love you girl...

Anonymous said...

Aw. That was too sweet! Except for those funny lookin' kids. Sheesh.

I'm hoping there will be a birthday photo montage, too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm so late ... was "busy" myself :p It was nice to look at your blog though and see such a sweet post. 30 more years and we'll be writing a similar post!!! You're both so sweet together! See you in a couple weeks.

JCsings4Him said...

Just wanted to comment on your comment to my Tomorrow...

Thanks so much!! A lot by you??? Hmmmmmmmmm

And, Poppy...we love you, too. And I don't care about mushy! :~)

JCsings4Him said...

Oh, by the way...Poppy..I loved the line about depression!! Thanks!

BFF...MORE POSTS!!! :~)))

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED IT!!
Nice f'ing chops in the booth!
That's what I'm f'in talking about.
:) aeh

love