Thursday, May 3, 2007

Happy Anniversary Part Deux


Well, I'm sorry that I've left you all hanging... We've been kind of busy around here and it takes more effort for me to do these things than it seems to for others. Oh well. (Update -- I've been working all day on this!!!!) (Further update --it's now almost midnight of the 4th.)

So, I last left you with snaps of our early years and our 3 beautiful babies. Here are some fun snaps of our growing family.




He coached Ma3stro in tball--



and JuJu's HS bball team --
I remember clearly that he worked 13 Christmas days in a row! He'd take his dinner break at his Mom's house, or whoever was having dinner that day. There were times that he'd come home in uniform to open presents with the kids on Christmas morning.


We took some fun vacations. Of course, when the kids were little and Hubby was working 2 jobs, we drove short distances to borrowed vacation trailers. We had a lot of fun at Jellystone Park campground, where he played Yogi Bear (yes, the costume fit).

Noah's Ark and Circus World Museum were great --"hey, watch me, look here!" One year, the girls & I got to go to France, and Hubby & Ma3stro went to...drum roll please...Cleveland!!

Then, we went to Disney World.



After that, t~ was in college, then got married & started having babies, so the rest of the vacations were without her. She was having fun of her own, apparently :)

He's a great dad, and was pretty good at keeping his family safe. He came a little close to the edge, however, when we went to the Grand Canyon. Yes, JuJu really IS that close. He denies this happened, but here's the proof.

Here's Ma3stro & Hubby on Camelback Mt. in Phoenix.

JuJu & Ma3stro's first snorkeling trip, in Key Largo.


He had a hard time "giving away" his girls --

and loves being with the grandkids --


and the poor guy can't keep his hands off of me --


And I'm okay with that!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that we are old after 32 years of being married to the most wonderful woman in the world, but, inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the heck happened?" Time really went by fast. Life is good and we grasped every moment of it. We may not of had fancy cars, huge houses or world staggering vacations, but we did what we could with what we had. If I had a chance to do it all again, I would do a couple things differently, but not anything that anyone would notice. What a great family, we are truly blessed.

OK, I will give you the grand canyon thing, but there had to be a ledge on that cliff.

The keeping my hands off of my wife thing, well, can you blame me, when you have a hot wife you just do what comes natural. In fact, I can't write right now, I have things to do... (smile)

Anonymous said...

YEA FOR MOM'S BLOG! i love it. it's CRAZY, like dad said, how fast time flies! i love our family... and all of those "simple" vacations that we took when we were little made me appreciate things even more. i LOVED those vacations to WI Dells and Yogi Park... who cares if we were staying in the ghetto??? i didn't know. :) dad is a good man, that's for sure. :)

... and dad? what kinds of things to do????? blah. ;)

Anonymous said...

Man...the memories!!! You two have had an incredible life! And here's to 32 more years of wedded bliss!!! We love you incredibly!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Those are some beautiful pictures! LOL! Good job, Mom!

OK, let's not complain too much about the "ghetto" vacations. Was there not Disney world and... oh, say, Paris?!?!?! And I'm w/JuJu. Those borrowed campers are some of my best memories.

And one I didn't know about *grrrrr*: Key Largo?

...I'm OK with that.

jw26pt2 said...

~t~, the Key Largo was a day trip from Punta Gorda. So you can be ok with that. I think. Maybe. I hope. And the borrowed camper thing was also a flashback to my childhood vacations. Great memories!
Happy Bday, early.
Love mom

Anonymous said...

You guys are SO great!! Not only are y'all blessed, but those of us around you are blessed to be a part of your lives!!! There is a part of me that is excited to look back over 32 years of my life with my hubby ... of course, I will also wonder where the time went, but there is something really wonderful to look back over 32 years and STILL have to stop commenting because you can't keep your hands off your wife!!! LOL I hope my hubby feels the same way about me in 30 years!!!