Thursday, May 17, 2007

Visit, revisited

I'm glad you like my photos of Sedona (actually, those are from 3 different photogs). I'm nowhere near the photographer my daughter is, in fact, I'm the worst one in the family, I think. But, boy, you can't really go wrong when you're in the most beautiful place in the USA (some magazine voted it that).

Here's some more about the trip.

We had a great time out on the boat. We went twice, once upriver, and once downriver.

As we headed up, we saw a bunch of wild burros. Poppy told them that once we saw some wild boar, and about 2 minutes later, we saw them! (One is to the left, behind some plants.)



Soon after, we showed them the Native American Petroglyphs:















We went up through a beautiful gorge and then stopped the boat & had a picnic lunch. Here are a few photos of the river -- one of them was taken from a plane ride I took about a year ago.




























The next time on the river, we went down, first to a popular spot with the Spring Breakers (don't worry, we didn't earn or give out any beads). It's a really beautiful cove when it's not filled with drunken 19 year olds.












Then, we went to a restaurant for lunch, just past Parker Dam (pardon my language).

After lunch, we stopped in another cove to relax. We saw some desert bighorn sheep up on a bluff. After watching us for awhile, they decided we were safe, and they came down to the water for a drink. There were other boats in the cove and they were louder, but the sheep seemed to like us :)



































It was a lot of fun. We stayed there for quite awhile, watching the sheep.

Well, that kind of sums up our visit with the Two Sisters. We hope that they can come down again next spring. I'm going to stop writing and get this published!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES i love being the first person to make a comment! :) ha ha to you mr. poppy. i can't believe that we live in such a beatiful place! i remember that plane ride. i would've enjoyed it a lot more if i didn't think i was going to PEEE MYSELF! you did a good job taking pics. :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place we live in, we are truely blessed. PeePee JuJu beat me to the blog only because she pushed me off the seat. She has gotten so meano since she has been "with child". Just remember JuJu "The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap."

Anonymous said...

Dad. The quotes are getting out of hand. We may need to have an intervention.

I can't wait to get there! Soon! Less than a month! Such a beautiful place! (oh yeah, and some people that I love.)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pix- 24, I mean 26.2 but who's counting? I think the bighorns are just gorgeous but the wild piggies look a bit grumpy, they almost look like those cute little pet pigs. The mountains are wonderful. I wish I lived in the beautiful place like that. Oh, that's right, I do. As poppy says "we are truly blessed". However, I have gained much weight since I moved down here. It must be the sun. I'm glad the "sisters" enjoyed their visit, I had fun talking to roomie sis about her mother's days at the old Catholic school I attended. Poppy - does the second mouse have to take the cheese out of the dead mouse's mouth? YUK!!!!! luv rb

JCsings4Him said...

Beautiful pics, BFF. Sounds like you all had a grand time!!! How cool!

Anonymous said...

Mom, email your blog to Sister, please. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to finally see the animal pictures!!!!

Poppy and JuJu are funny ... they make me laugh ....