Thursday, August 9, 2007

I Know Cheese! I'm a Clownfish!

Sorry, there's no sunset picture tonight! I missed capturing last night's beautiful sunset.

And sorry about the title. I've been using that all day. "I know pretty! I'm a clownfish" etc. I just have to use Finding Nemo quotes as often as I can.
LOL Babs, that's Maestro who loves you for your looks. I love you for your voice, silly. And yes, I'll have to hear your rendition of The Prayer! I was in a little state yesterday when I realized that my Joshie was in Milwaukee the other day!!!! Yikes! Yes, I've seen him this tour, but I could've brought T~! Yes, someday I'll have to post on my little obsession with JG. But now, I just don't really have the time.

Things continue to be busy here in an Extraordinary Ordinary way. It was a really good "food" day. Lunch was at Culver's (sorry to those of you who don't know this chain) and dinner was a fabulous Chicken with a sauce of pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and pine nuts served over penne pasta. Btw, how did my daughters get to be such great cooks?? Skips a generation, I guess. Baby had a fever today, over 102. He didn't really have any other symptoms, so we'll see how he is tomorrow. BDE had her last Rubber Ball game tonight. Her team won!!! Because of TEAMWORK! It was actually their first win (and their last game). I don't have any photos, but she hit a double and scored a run and it was videotaped. The part that wasn't videotaped was when Dimples tried to jump over the little "creek" while looking for toads and didn't quite make it! It was so funny! I did get a photo of how he looked right afterwards.


It occurred to me after the last post that there were no pictures of Baby! Whaaaattttt!!!???? So I put in a few extra of him tonight.

Here's a photo of Poppy & Baby playing with dinosaurs.


Yesterday he took a nap on Poppy's lap.

One day T~ had a photo shoot and was a bit disappointed with the results. BDE & I gave her a foot rub which turned into a full afternoon of toenails, hair, makeup, and clothes. BDE loves shows like "What Not to Wear" and "How Do I Look?" and spent a long time picking out 4 complete outfits (jewelry included). T~ didn't like her makeup too much but we had fun anyway. Poppy said that we should go out to eat since T~ & BDE wore matching outfits and looked so great. Unfortunately, he suggested someplace with a playland. The last photo in this group is of Baby jumping up and high-fiving Poppy before landing and rolling on the ground.




The next day, the baby from the photo shoot came over here and cooperated by sleeping on Rosebud's new baby afghan. The shot turned out beautifully and I've seen some of the pix from the day before. Genius, I tell you!

We are having a great time (did I say that already?). Baby still asks me where Poppy is when I come upstairs every morning. He is getting the hang of it, though, and he really does know the answer to that question before he asks it. Last time I visited here, Dimples would ask every 5 minutes or so, "will you play cars with me?" This time it's, "will you play war with me?" You know, the card game. And it's more like every 1-2 minutes. Today he beat me twice in War and twice in Go Fish. Honestly. Without me letting him. Yes, I do look away when he's careless with showing his cards. I could look and cheat but I don't. But that's the extent of the niceness. BDE has beaten me in Rummy an unbelievable amount of times. I'm glad we don't play for money.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dimples almost jump over the creek was awesome. He did make it the first time, it was on the way back he did the face flop. Little boys and their frogs...

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

52 cards = 1 decacards

Anonymous said...

Hey...thanks for the pix...I love them...time for more I tell you!!! So I will go along...I know pix! I'm a clownfish! I LOVE that movie!!

let's PLEASE get togehter soon before the month is gone and we say "shoulda-coulda-woulda...didn't". Love you much as always!!

BTW...T~you look MAHVELOUS DAHLING!

Anonymous said...

Are you saying there are sunsets in WI. Probably they knew you were coming. The men brought my bath tub for the casita, but Cissy said don't try to take a bath yet. The pool seems to be getting closer to the casita. Is that what they meant when they said it would be POOLSIDE. I better take the swimming lessons that come with it. Just imagine seeing a spider & running out the front door. Splish Splash. miss you & poppy and the rest of the gang x0x0 rb

Anonymous said...

LOL. funny! good post!

I'm late to pick up the kids! :)

jw26pt2 said...

Rosebud, you better not develop a drinking problem either! You'd stumble out the door, and ...
Maybe you should always wear a life jacket, just in case :)
Love, neenee

Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously, I'll pee my pants if I show up in Havasu in Sept and see RB wearing a lifejacket!!!! ROFL!!

Love all the pictures ... BUT, Dimples is hiding Pineapple from my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

first of all, HOLY CRAP! T~ looks super hot. yikes! good thing she's already knocked up or we'd have another bun in the oven if ya know what i mean. :) WOW! my fave pic is baby sleeping on poppy. you can tell how much poppy loves his grandkiddos. i did tell you how jealous i am about the frog catching right??? that's my one of my favorite things in the world to do. miss you guys and hope you're really enjoying your time.