Saturday, August 18, 2007

What Time is It?


Here it is, the most awaited event since High School Musical 2! My next blog!!

Yes, T~ and I watched HSM2 together (well most of it, parenthood gets in the way sometimes). BDE was at a HSM2 sleepover -- or, in most of the girls' cases, a very late party after which the parents get a phone call for a pickup. We all thought it was a very good movie with fun dance numbers and terrific clothes -- except for the pink tulle seeming to come out of Sharpay's butt in her big dance number outfit.

Okay, on to how our week was. We had a great time (of course). Last Sunday we went to the beach. It's a man-made pond with sand around it and is only a couple blocks from their house. BDE was in beach mode right away ---


Poppy threw the kids around & played motorboat with Baby.




Crumpet's family was there also, to add to the fun. Here's her son jumping off the pier with Dimples.



In case you're worried that we don't get in our pool time, here we are relaxing on one of the nicer days we've had --



Speaking of the weather, maybe it's best if we don't discuss it. Suffice it to say that it's been a mixture of warm & sticky or cool & rainy. About an hour ago, at 6:00pm, it was 56 degrees and raining. August. We have had some really beautiful days, though. 3. I counted. One of them was Friday, so we went to the zoo. What a great day!! It happened to be the weekend they do Zoo à la Carte. Lots of restaurants in the area have booths there and it's good stuff! The kids were so well behaved (even when it was time to go), the weather was perfect, we had fun, AND there was chocolate covered raspberry swirl cheesecake! BDE & I danced to the music from Radio Disney -- including, of course one of the songs from HSM2. Here are some shots from the zoo day.

One of the special events this summer is a place where you can pet the sharks (leopard & nurse) and stingrays.








Well, I'd blog more, but guess what is going to be on in about 2 minutes? Yep, HSM2 again!!!

Here I am, back to edit. I forgot to mention what has taken up a lot of my time this week! Wow! It's T~'s baby's new quilt! It's going to be twins with Juju's baby's quilt. T~, BDE and I went to the local quilt shop to pick out fabrics. It's going to be really cute. But not in a cutesy wootsy way. I have 2 of the turtles done and will be quickly caught up to Juju's. The first turtle's name is Tuck. What's gonna work??? Teamwork!

Okay, back to the movie.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say more but the packer game is on... When in Wisconsin, do as the cheese heads do...

"All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. "

I'm #1...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the young kids are getting in the singing & dancing stuff. It beats stealing hub caps!! It looks like you're having a great time up north - I knew you would get in some pool time. BTW we were at your place today (SAT) and had a great pool time. JuJu & the group practiced their Gershwin numbers with Nathan,Babs, Ma3. While we there one of JuJu's friends brought over a gorgeous crib.

Cissy is in Texas this week-end with her little fusser wusser and she's having a good time with him. I really miss her when she doesn't come home for the weekend. I miss you guys too. We may have water in the pool by the time you come home?

Anonymous said...

"3. I counted." LOL! Hey, for you to say that there have been 3 nice days here in less than 3 weeks is a big deal!

Yup, we're having lots of fun, despite our minor, and hopefully temporary, obsession with Troy and the Wildcats. ;)

Anonymous said...

what are the colors of T~'s quilt!?!?!? b and i loved HSM2! b especially liked it. :) we watched it with dallen. by the way, his dog had 5 teeny tiny puppies! we saw them born! it wasn't very attractive.

the weather here is SO FREAKING HOT i would take a rainy, muggy, anything other than the oven that is cooking me like a frickin casserole down here. i've had it.

the zoo looked like so much fun and of course, the kids, adorable as ever! BDE looks like she has highlights. :) love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

LOL...JuJu can ALWAYS make me laugh! By the time you read this (probably) we will have spent a wonderful day together. This was a great blog...you are getting really good at this!!

And I agree with T~, for you say we had 3 nice days here in Packerland is MAJOR!! You HATE it here!!!! Well, the weather here, anyway; otherwise all of us snow folk would feel awfully unloved and unwanted! And we LOVE you!!!

See you in the morning!! :~)

Cate said...

I loved HSM2 too! :o Madeleine and I watched it and already have the songs bopping around out heads. I guess we missed its encore. <:(

Glad you've been having a nice time-- I love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to answer your title:

"SUMMERTIME!"

jw26pt2 said...

rb, I'm glad you're able to enjoy the pool. Did Nathan & Babs & Juju clean the house again this time??? I'm so jealous of the Gershwin singing... but I'll look forward to the next 4th Friday. And baby Jessies!! Cool! But definitely NOT attractive at that moment.
All day today I was asking myself (and singing a bit to Bff & Chief WITH the choreography) What Time is It?
And Yay, Packers!!!! Sorry Bwin about the Seahawks...

Love, Neenee

Anonymous said...

I just wanted a cool username like juju....

Anonymous said...

wow, guess I need to find hsm2 and watch it ... or maybe I need to watch the first one. Hmm ... or maybe I should really just clean my bathroom LOL

Love all the pictures. I can't believe how much like a little man dimples looks!!! All the kids are gorgeous as always!

Wow ... jessie babies ... I can't believe juju watched that!!! (give them hugs for me ... not the puppies, but the proud owners lol)

Anonymous said...

The house was pretty clean already. Ma3stro is doing a fantabulous job batching it.

I think it rained on Thursday, actually it felt like the guy standing next to me spit on my arm. Anyway we both looked up, by that time it was over. oops I missed it!!

Cissy's plane out of Texas was 2 hrs. late last night so she missed her connection to Ind. she stayed in Kansas City overnite.

Randy's father was putting the front facade on the casita this morning but with the heat no one works too long. cu soon rb

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Glad your trip was good! And it was WONDERFUL seeing you! Thanks for the comment!!

So...is Maestro on his way to Seattle?????

Anonymous said...

Alright already...we have waited long enough...where is your blog???????????????????????????????

WHEW...I feel MUCH better now. Thanks.