Saturday, August 4, 2007

In the Merry Olde Land of Cheese


Well, here we are in Cheeseland! We spent a couple days in Vegas before flying here. The weather has been pretty typical Wisconsin weather. In other words, if you don't like it, wait a few minutes, it'll change. I ran this morning and it was only in the 70s. I haven't seen temperatures like that since March, I think. However, it was pretty humid. Some of our highlights so far:


Dimples and BDE had ball games at the same time on Thursday night. Dimples' T-ball team was on the opposite side of the park from BDE's rubberball game. T~ did her best to see each one at bat but it got ridiculous after awhile. At least they both always had someone watching them.


Here are a few shots of Dimples playing t-ball. They start out being pitched to and then go with the tee.

He's on his way to 1st --

Rounding 1st base --

Rounding 3rd and on his way home after hitting a grand slam!


(He was the last batter of the inning and they get to all run home when the last batter hits.)

I love this part of the game --


It was the last game of the season and here's Dimples with his trophy!


BDE had a great time playing too! She got a hit (Mommy saw her, but I missed it). I did manage to get a couple pics of her at bat and in the outfield.






I'm not sure, but I think their favorite part of the evening was catching frogs in the park afterwards.

Dimples is on the left with the black visor and BDE has a black tshirt on.

BDE going to extremes to catch a frog---


Friday was a very busy day. The 2 older kids had vacation bible school and since it was the last day, they did a program and sang couple songs. Yes, these songs are ALWAYS in my head now. One is Great Adventure by Steven Curtis Chapman. Good thing I like that song! The photos all turned out with satanic-looking red eyes and I thought that was inappropriate so I only have one shot of Dimples.
After that, Poppy and I went to the dentist to get our teeth cleaned. Except Poppy came home empty handed (no toothbrush for him!) because of a scheduling mishap. They said the next appointment was September 7th and he said, yeah, only too bad for me, cause I'm only here till the 29th of August. Wow, was he mad. He also needs a crown (which is why we had the insurance and kept our dentist here) and they don't know if they'll be able to work that out before we go back.


After going back home, Poppy and I met up with T~ and BDE, who were at a birthday party, to go to Happy's baby shower! It was great to see everyone. BFF's grands were there and they are SO CUTE! And I know cute grandkids! Poppy got to visit for a little while with Chief after they arrived home from a Cubbies game. Here's a photo of Happy with the quilt I made. After I left, I realized that this is the only photo I have of it. Oops. I often forget to photograph my quilts before they leave me.



BDE had a great time with BDile's daughter. What a cutie!


Here's BDE with Ra-chigga.



















And BFF and me---

The sunset photo at the top was taken from here. Here's another one I took at the same time. I wanted some pretty Wisconsin sunsets too!

Tomorrow should be fun too. Their friends' church is having a pig roast and the kids are singing their VBS songs. However, it may rain, spoiling the "pig"nic.
We're having a great time here and we miss our AZ (or is it cra-z) friends & fam. We're looking forward to hearing more stories from the China trip, too.
Love, Neenee & Poppy

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMW!!! :~) This is a GREAT post...I am so proud of you!!! YOU ROCK!!! I love all the pics... the one of us is really good...even though I have chocolate on my shirt...but, why should that be out of the ordinary between BFF's???????

I am SO SO SO SO happy you came to Happy's shower!!! It was incredible to see you all and I KNOW we will get together again SOON!!!!

I would love a copy of our pic together...can I get one??? We really do not have many of those, you know!

See YOU soon!!!

Anonymous said...

By-the-way...have I told you lately that you are the best BFF ever?? Didn't think so...so I am saying it now. Can't wait to see you both soon!!

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys soooo much but I'm getting to spend some quality time with JuJu (eating time that is). Today is Sunday and I'm going to try to get in some serious pool time.
Guatamama is doing so well taking care of mumble, I'm realy proud of her. Remember when he first came to America it took all four of us to care for him but now he's doing quite well... yippee!! This weekend Abuelita is visiting with him in Tx. so we won't see her until next Friday - Boooo. She loves her little fusser wusser.

I love all the pix of the nemos (fishes). They look like they're becoming real good ball players. Wait until the babe starts playing.

The quilt is beautiful, I know Happy was thrilled with it also. It is one of the prettiest ones you've done. Such talent, I wonder where it comes from????

BFF I always have something on my shirt after I eat - I should buy some stock in Shout or Spray & Wash.

Gotta go luv rb

Anonymous said...

I miss my little "RB"...

The ball players were great, I didn't get to see BDE play, but she has another game next week. I guess the year is over for dimples, so I watched his whole game. And they won, but only because they had more players and they all have to bat, not that it matters, ummm, never mind.

The pignic was cool, the kids caught a frog. The food, music and company was great... The weather cooperated (kinda)... I came back and took a nap with baby...

did you know that;

1 million-million microphones = 1 megaphone

Anonymous said...

PIG nic hifrickinlarious! great pics you took. love them all. we miss you all, but i'm REALLY happy that you get to spend such quality time with the cute little fam and close friends. love you guys. hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

Fun post! Fun pics! LOLOL! We're having lots of fun. Barely enough time to blog! :)

NeeNee is getting creamed by BDE right now in Rummy.

Yes, Pignic was lots of fun, minus the pig (EW!), especially because I won a $50 gift certificate for baby stuff at an ultra-cool boutique! Yay!

Anonymous said...

What's gonna work?

jw26pt2 said...

BFF, we had a great time and I'm really glad it worked out that we could be there. T~ deserves the credit--a long day for her.
RB, good to hear that all is well in Mumble-land! LOL about the shirt. There was a chocolate fountain and there's really no way you can get by without a (happy) accident.
Juju, we miss you & bwin & pickle. Take care of yourself and I'm glad you're spending quality time with my mommy.
Ma3stro: TEAMWORK!

Anonymous said...

TEAMWORK DEENER! mom, imiss you... and dad... and the kids... and the adults.... :( XXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ... I miss you all too!!!!

Thanks for your comments about us, RB!!! Yes, life is actually working somehow! We miss Havasu though!!!

Glad you and poppy are having a good time in Cheeseland. Kiss those kids and the tummy for me!!!

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I'm a little weirded out that your BFF and me look like twins?!?!? Is that why you like me, for my looks? :-) Miss you and Poppy so much! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot. . .Dewy & I are singing, "The Prayer" for a wedding in October. :-) Even if you don't know the bride, you've got to come hear our version of Celine & Josh. :-)

Cate said...

Merry Olde Land of Cheese. Heh, heh.

Looks like you're all having fun and keeping busy! Enjoy all the cute kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Okay...I TOTALLY need to meet Babs, whoever she is...my TWIN????WAY COOL...do I hear a trio in our future?????????

READ YOUR E-MAIL!!! J/K...we NEED to get together before you fly away! :~)