Friday, September 14, 2007

Random Acts of Craziness

Wow, has it really been that long? Well, I've been a bit busy... I know other people find the time to do fantastic blogs among all the other things they do...

Here's a sneak peek of what I've been working on the last few days. This is EO's Baby's quilt in progress. t really does NO justice to the fabrics, but I wanted to get it on the blog. I've also been working on Juju's son's quilt.





Before that, I was in Anaheim at a Women of Faith convention. It was great. The timing was either really good or really bad, b/c Babs & I left the same day Maestro left for K-Town and then on to Seattle. It was very emotional for all of us to say "see ya later." It turned out to be a great weekend and I made a new friend, too. Here's a picture at Disneyland's California Adventure. Nathan and Babs have a tradition of taking a picture in front of the "California" letter that goes with their name. There are a couple of snaps of the Lego store at Downtown Disney that Herc would like :)





A couple of days before Maestro left, we had a 40th birthday party for Babs. We decided to combine the "over the hill" blackness with a fabulous, glamorous vibe, and came up with a goth idea. We all (Poppy, me, Cissy, Rosebud, Juju, Bwin, and Nathan) met early at my house and put on black makeup & nail polish. Juju did Babs' with the notion that they were going out (Babs didn't see what Juju was doing till the end). Juju got Babs to our house under false pretenses and we had a great time eating & playing Apples to Apples. Then Babs wanted to show off her glam goth look so we went to a local bar for Karaoke. Some of you may need to pick yourselves up off the floor now. That's okay, I'll give you some time.






Okay, here are some photos.



This is Bwin singing Baby Got Back. There had been a girl doing her best to impress Bwin with her dancing, so Juju had to show her what's what.


The weekend before was really busy and fun too, with a party at Cissy's. We finished that day with a final visit to Hot Laps.

We returned from Cheeseland the Wednesday before that. What a great trip that was! Thanks to EO for her blogs so we can stay in touch & still "see" them.

Okay, back to the sewing room.

Love, Neenee

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M NUMBER 1....

Nice T-shirt on the big guy...

My favorite pic is the "N" and the HOT lady standing next to it.... I know that picture was for the child formally known as "baby"...

"Ham and eggs - A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig."

Anonymous said...

Wow, the pic of Bwin sure brings back memories LOL I still start to giggle whenever I hear "Fitty cent" sing "In Da Club" because I hear Bwin singing it LOL

Glad to see a bloggy blog from you!!!

Anonymous said...

OH ... speaking of Poppy's post ... can I get a shirt like that??? I want one for hubby ... he'd laugh

Anonymous said...

Wow...Arizona has totally corrupted my calm, quiet BFF!!! I am SHOCKED!!!

Miss you much...

Anonymous said...

That sure was a fun night. It took me a few showers to get rid of the butterfly tatoo on my chest!! BFF I think AZ is slowly corrupting me too. Yikes!!! I felt really different in black hair. If we all went swimming in your pool, I wonder if it would have turned the water to black??? like we did to your couch. Freaky. Well, I'll see you later luv rb I'm going to make me a beverage.

JCsings4Him said...

You know...I don't think I even recognized Rosebud!!!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!! CORRUPTION IS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Can't wait to see you all...and to meet the corruptors...muaahhahaha!

Anonymous said...

6th sentence. First word. :)

Anonymous said...

miss & love

jw26pt2 said...

Oopsie poopsie,
"It" does no justice to the fabrics...
gee, cut me some slack :)
btw, the quilt looks FABULOUS so far, almost done with the top. The borders are great.
Love, me

Anonymous said...

this is such a fun blog... you have been quite busy, haven't you??? that night was fabu-goth. :) soooo much fun! everyone looked so nice gothed up. love you mom. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't decide if I am insanely excited about that gorgeous quilt (don't worry, I know how "amazing" the fabrics are), or if I am insanely jealous of the goth party. Yay! Yay! ...and... Meanos!

Either way, I am insane.

And, I'm sorry it took me so long to look at this blog. I had given up.

And, LOL at the "N." That's so funny!

Anonymous said...

LOL--"amazing" :)