Friday, September 21, 2007

Quilts, Showers & Wieners

Get your head out of the gutter! Now you can keep reading...

I co-hosted a coffee on Monday morning for my quilt guild. I am really enjoying being a part of this group. They are so fun and willing to share their talent with you. When Susie & I decided to host a coffee (held once a month in someone's home) in September, we figured on an apple theme. I found a cute apple wallhanging pattern on a web site and it took a lot of 3" squares of different red fabrics, so everyone who came to the coffee brought some red fabric & we cut them into squares during the coffee. Everyone left with enough squares to make the wallhanging and they really seemed to enjoy themselves. I've started on mine, so I'll post a pic when it's done.
On Tuesday, Juju's former coworkers gave her a surprise baby shower. You can tell from the photos that she was actually surprised, since there is NO MAKEUP on her face. I got her to my house and she was "kidnapped" by one of the teachers and brought to the shower. It's ridiculous how much stuff she has.
I love this t-shirt. It says, "No autographs, please!"

Wednesday, I finally finished the quilt tops for the grandbabies. There's still a lot to do, but I was so happy to get this far! T~, do you see which one Tuck is????

The next photo shows how crazy you can get when the unborn child sucks out your brain cells. Juju left home with this "pair" of shoes on.
Yeah, not even close. She was wondering why she was limping, and looked down to see why.
One more funny picture: This is in Disneyland ---
Well, I'm going to my local quilt shop for their annual Quilt Pink for a Cure day. People bought fabric & a pattern for a quilt block, and the finished blocks will be made into quilts which will be sold on ebay for breast cancer research. Some of us will be sewing our blocks at the store and most others bought theirs, sewed them at home & brought them to the store in advance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is with the wiener store???
I thought you were done shopping for those.... (just kidding) MY WIFE IS SOOOOO-oooo-ooo-oo-o CUTE... oh ya my wife.

"Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy."

Anonymous said...

TOO cute! I love that shirt! The quilts look REALLY amazing ... no shocker there, though! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

The quilts look beautiful!! Can't wait to see them in person!!

great pics...Ju looks wonderful, make-up or no make-up! Looks like everyone had a grand time! It won't be long now!

Miss you...

Anonymous said...

For your sake: Oh my WORD!!!

I'm so excited about the quilt! They look fantastic! And I know how much better they really look in person, since I've seen the beautiful fabrics and the little turtle arms and legs!

Hi Tuck! LOL!

Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Neenee - did you know one of turtles is upside down??? ON BOTH QUILTS!! I really hated to tell you this but it bothered me all day. Maybe we can put a head on the other end also, no one would notice.!! I know, I know we can give a prize to the one who picks out the rebel turtle and we could name him something cute like... a wrong way turtle that's TUCKED in with the others ...

Anonymous said...

we are a funny fam. it's fun to read all the comments... uh, yeah, the quilts are just wonderful! i LOVE that they're matching for our 2 little babies! it's so cute that you're in a quilting club!!!! Thanks for being selective on the pics of me--not too many good ones to pick from, i'm asuuming. :) that's okay. it was such an awesome surprise. and... the sandles... yes, it's true, i'm dumber than ever. NOT that there's anything wrong with that. me me me... i like blogs about me. :)XOXOXO

JCsings4Him said...

JuJu...there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with you AT ALL!!! :~)

MORE POSTS!!!!!!!

:~)BFF

Patriot said...

I love the quilts - I wish I knew how . . .

I just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway I'm hosting at my site. It's for all-natural bath and body products made in Texas. Come check it out - and help spread the word! I will continue to hold more giveaways over the next few weeks as well!

Thanks!