Thursday, March 22, 2007

Your Average Kid


In honor of my Grandson "Baby", whose 2nd birthday is today (well it still is on the west coast) I thought I'd blog about children. This is from a book I got from DBIL. It's Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Extraordinary Book of Facts and Bizarre Information. Now, I've found a few errors in it --that could be another post -- but this page was cute and I thought it would make a nice post.

A child laughs about 400 times a day. Adults laugh about 15 times.

More children are accidentally poisoned by toxic houseplants than by household chemicals.

The average American child uses 730 crayons by the age of 10.

The price of a sleepover in the Bronx Zoo's Congo Gorilla Forest exhibit for 15 kids: $4500.

The average American child takes his/her first trip to the mall at 2 months old.

A 4 year old child asks about 437 questions a day.

The average kid eats 15 pounds of cereal a year.

The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter sandwiches by high school graduation.

On average, kids ages 2 to 5 put their hands in their mouths 10 times an hour.

65% of kids have had at least 1 imaginary friend by age 7.

Kids' favorite superheroes: Spider-Man, Superman, and Captain Underpants.

21% of U.S. children say that if they were president, they'd "eat ice cream for every meal."
Okay, that's it for now. I hope my daughters feel better soon! Enough of that morning sickness stuff!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading all of that average stuff, I can say our children and grandchildren are ALL far beyond "above average".

JCsings4Him said...

I agree with Poppy...we (YES, I am including MY family in with yours...haven't we ALWAYS????) do have above average children AND grandchildren. And...I would LOVE to laugh 400 times in a day. I would SO LOVE THAT!! Maybe after I am really retired and don't have to work with children anymore....

Anonymous said...

four hundred and thirty seven ... FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY SEVEN?!?! Please help me!!! As for the laughing ... when Ben's around, I'm sure I'm above average ... the man is funneh!

Anonymous said...

Yes. 437 sounds about right.

I missed this post! Shame on selfish me!

And, of COURSE you found errors in it. LOL (no not really LOL. More like LIMH--in my head)

Cate said...

A 4 year old child asks about 437 questions a day.

four hundred and thirty seven ... FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY SEVEN?!?! Please help me!!!

Average, guatemama; I'm pretty sure my Hank asks at least double that. Minimum.

Fun, fun, fun! ;)

JCsings4Him said...

OMW...you have to read Stevie's latest blog called "A Queer"!! FUNNY!!! And I thought of Baby right away!

Just go to my page and click on BDILE under Places to go...People to see.

And...thank YOU for your kind words...I needed them. BFF

JCsings4Him said...

hey...I need a BFF fix...

JC

Anonymous said...

HA JCSINGS! i hear ya! after not working with kids.... ahahhahaa! oh, did i say that out loud? not my own of course. :)

Anonymous said...

sorry, that anonymous was me :)