Monday, March 26, 2007

I'd Like to Thank the Academy...



It occurred to me while I was out running that my next blog should be about how much I have to be thankful for. Then I kind of got depressed so it got put on hold :)
Is it just me, or does everyone compose a speech that they should give at the Oscars (or the Golden Globes, which I usually prefer to watch)? I mean, really, the chances of my being nominated for anything having to do with show biz are really tiny. Or even nonexistent. Nevertheless, I think everyone should have a list, at least in their head, of people and things that they are thankful for. I'll do my best to finish before the orchestra starts playing to get me off the stage.

I'd like to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I'd like to thank my Mom & Dad *tears*. They always made me think I could do anything
I ever wanted to -- so what if I didn't take piano, dance, or voice lessons. I could dream, and I did. I was going to be the next Carol Burnett, or star in the remake of "White Christmas."

I'd like to thank my husband, who was the only guy I knew during my jr hi & hi school years who thought I was hot -- at least hot enough to ask out on a date. He's been a great husband for almost 32 years and our relationship is better than ever.

I'd like to thank my kids, who have grown up to be strong, sensitive, funny, smart, beautiful, talented people who are really fun to hang around with and who spend lots of time with me. I've been able to live vicariously through them and finally be the Homecoming or Prom Queen, win scholarships & contests, win the big game, take piano lessons, be an artist, etc etc.

I'd like to thank my friends -- old & new. We've sung together, watched movies, taken Homecoming & "prom" pictures of our kids together, played lots of pinochle, talked into the wee hours, ...(music starts playing)

(Dream sequence over)
Okay, I hope this post isn't as cheesy as it seems to me now, and I know it doesn't come close to expressing how I feel, but it's been sitting here in cyberland waiting to be published for about 2 weeks now.

Easter was fun and yet very untraditional. We had ham & cheesy potatoes and instead of games we hung around the pool. The Passion Play went great last week. The choir sounded great for how small we are and things went pretty well technically too.

Then of course I'll update on the Josh Groban Concert. Oh Momma! That boy can sing.

But for now, I'll finally post this and get to dinner.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have won bigger awards than an oscar. You are awarded with my love for you everyday... It just doesn't get any better than that. At least for me. And "I'm ok with that".

JCsings4Him said...

Holy Shamolies! You HAVE had a great life...and it seems it is all just beginning...again. Ain't it grand??? I love the journey, the twists and turns of the road can make you cautious not to drive too fast, and the waysides....OOO momma!!! Some of them ROCK!!! And the scenery...I can never say it enough...God is an INCREDIBLE decorator, isn't He??

I am so very grateful for being allowed to travel along with you, and still I know our journey together is far from completed.

Miss you and Love you bunches...BFF

Anonymous said...

OK so this wasn't posted on March 26th, right? I swear I haven't been that deliquent.

You know, you're not too old for an Oscar.

And this reminds me of a dream I had the other night: I was accepting a Golden Globe Award, and I said, "I'd like to take this opportunity, perhaps the only time Leonardo DiCaprio will be paying any attention to me... Despite the fact that I am happily married and pregnant with my 4th child..." Yeah, basically I asked him to fall in love with me. And then I thanked my husband.

I like your speech better; you'd better win, not me.

jw26pt2 said...

Thanks everyone! No, ~t~, I just posted it the night b4 last -- that's how long it was sitting there waiting to be more than a draft. Hey, you're just like my parents, saying I still could win one after all :) And I loved your speech too!
Poppy, what can I say except I love you too!
BFF, I do think that one of the nice things about getting older is that you do have lots of beginnings and you appreciate the scenery more! And, you realize that sometimes it's better NOT to see what's around the bend up ahead :)

Anonymous said...

sorry mommy, i haven't checked this lately... maybe you should take me off the "i'd like to thank" list. mom, you ARE the best and you've won so much more than just a pretend academy award... you are our (your kids) hero and we love you so much. you've helped me through so much the last couple of weeks. i'd just be a piece of crap without you. XOXO and oh yeah, groban has some great pipes... IF ya know what i mean! ;)

Anonymous said...

Whoa...JuJu...*sniff*sniff*! What a great legacy! I agree, I don't always want to know what's next...I like surprises! And even though my physical scenery right now is covered in white...I still have my dream scenery, don't I??? At least what I have surrounding me keeps me warm by contrast. I love my kids!

You should probably have this post covered in bronze or something... take it out and read it when you feel crummy...it will definately lift your spirits!!

Love you and miss you much...

Anonymous said...

I bet he has a cute bedroom...

Anonymous said...

oops, wrong blog, sorry.... Bet I bet you do too.... Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.