Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hey, I've Seen a Boat!


Well, this week has been pretty busy and I thought I'd share some of it with you.
Monday we had some friends over for dinner before they left for China. Of course, it's not a missions trip since that's illegal. Tuesday I sang with my friend Babs for the Christian Business Women's Club. It was really cool. She has an incredible voice and we had a great time even practicing. It brought back good memories with BFF. Wednesday, I got up early to go for a run, since on Monday when I woke up at 8am (yes, late, I know) it was already 100 degrees. Then I went to a quilt class by the local quilt guild. A teacher showed us how to do a "tumbling blocks" quilt. Here's a photo of the work-in-progress. The rows are on my ironing board, waiting to be sewn together.




By the time I got home, Pool Time had already started, with Poppy, Ma3stro, Cissy, Guatemama, & Rosebud in attendance.

That brings me to today, Thursday. I donated blood and got the coolest blood donor t-shirt ever.
Then, we went out on the boat with Nathan, Babs, and the kids (I'll call them C1, C2, and C3). First, we went to a waterski cove for some tubing. I love the close-up of the boys, C1 & C2, as Poppy circled around.




The burro must have enjoyed the show!


Then we went to a little cove near the golf course where Cissy's hubby (Happy Anniversary, btw), Poppy, and Ma3stro have been hitting balls into the water near the 12th green. Poppy wanted to snorkel & recover some of their balls (pardon my language). C2 really enjoyed that because there were a lot of fish and he is a MAJOR biologist-to-be. Finally, we went to Copper Canyon for some more snorkeling and some cliff jumping. C1 & C3 (their 8yo daughter) showed off their intrepid nature, along with Poppy and Nathan, who wowed us with a swan dive from the 20 foot-ish level. C3 really looks great in this photo -- she looks like she's doing ballet.


Here's Poppy going from the same level. He's thinking, "What should I do with my hands?" Or maybe, "Will I really be paying for this later"? Here's C1, 13yo, going from the 2nd highest level, I'm guessing 30 feet high or so.


After he jumped, he noticed that the others who jumped from the same spot looked scared to death, and he wondered what his face looked like. I told him he could look at the close-up of my shot --




And last, but not least, Nathan's swan dive from 20-something feet. Last fall, he did this from the top. My best guess is that it's at least 45 feet. Yes, he's INSANE. He said his skull felt like it was swollen.
That's all for now. I know I've shocked you by posting twice in one week. I'll probably go back to my lazy posting next week.

7 comments:

Cate said...

I love where you were swimming; it looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I dove from that level once, I think that is how I got my bald spot. ;-)

Time between slipping on a peel and smacking the pavement = 1 bananosecond

Anonymous said...

Half of a large intestine = 1 semicolon

Anonymous said...

Oh COOL!!! Awesome post, BFF! I am SO excited you are posting more...and when you decide to "go back to the OLD way" ...you'll be HERE and I will be able to talk with you face to face!!!! WOOHOO!!!

I sure looked like a wonderful day for you...AAAAHHHHHH.........

Anonymous said...

that looks so neat. i can't believe you guys have the guts to do that! :) love you.

Anonymous said...

I won't show the cliff jumping pics to Hercules. I'll just keep telling him that he was brave to jump off where he did. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey...only THREE MORE DAYS!!! I am WAY psyched that you are coming to visit!

Got a letter from T~ and she said it was a GOOD possiblility that you WILL be coming to the shower! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't WAIT to see you!!! Love you much...

BFF